Yahoo! News: Top Stories
| The news|| die Nachrichten|
Anbieter der folgenden Informationen ist Space.com:
(Stand: 19.04.2014, 11:24)
- SpaceX Claims Milestone With Bold Reusable Rocket Test
(Fri, 18 Apr 2014 20:05:11 EDT:)
- SpaceX´s audacious plan to land part of a rocket in the ocean after launching it to space may not have gone perfectly, but the private spaceflight company´s founder still considers it a success, one that could help lead to reusable rockets in the future.
- SpaceX´s Dragon ´Chases´ the Space Station: See It This Weekend
(Fri, 18 Apr 2014 18:09:14 EDT:)
- Skywatchers across parts of the United States and southern Canada will get an opportunity to watch as the private spaceflight company SpaceX´s Dragon capsule "chases" the International Space Station across the sky.
- WATCH LIVE SUNDAY @ 5:45 a.m. ET: Dragon Cargo Capsule Arrives at Space Station
(Sat, 06 Oct 2012 17:18:16 EDT:)
- SpaceX´s unmanned Dragon cargo capsule is scheduled to rendezvous with the International Space Station at 7:14 a.m. EDT on Sunday. Watch the orbital meetup live here, beginning at 5:45 a.m. EDT Sunday.
- SpaceX Launches Robotic Cargo Mission to Space Station
(Fri, 18 Apr 2014 15:38:07 EDT:)
- SpaceX´s unmanned Dragon spacecraft blasted off at 3:25 p.m. EDT today from Florida´s Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, riding into space atop the company´s Falcon 9 rocket. Dragon is scheduled to rendezvous with the orbiting lab on Sunday.
- SpaceX Launches Cargo Mission to Space Station, Reusable Rocket Test | Video
(Fri, 18 Apr 2014 15:46:22 EDT:)
- The Falcon 9 rocket carrying Dragon lifted off from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida on April 18th, 2014. Its first stage has retractable legs attached and an re-entry burn and water landing will be attempted.
- Easter Skies Feature Big Dipper and Southern Cross
(Fri, 18 Apr 2014 14:26:03 EDT:)
- As soon as darkness falls this Easter weekend, step outside and look skyward. What is the most prominent and easiest star pattern to recognize? If you live in the Northern Hemisphere, you only need to look overhead and toward the north.
- Vitamins from Space! B3 Found in Meteorites
(Fri, 18 Apr 2014 13:59:03 EDT:)
- An essential nutrient for life on Earth also cooks up in space, a new study finds.
- Space History Photo: Standing on the Edge of the Bay
(Fri, 18 Apr 2014 13:49:54 EDT:)
- An astronaut evaluates the Portable Foot Restraint in space.
- Gargantuan Iceberg – 8X Manhattan-Size – Has Left Glacier | Time-Lapse Video
(Fri, 18 Apr 2014 12:32:48 EDT:)
- “Ice island B31” is 200 feet thick and 21mi X 12mi. It separated from the Antarctic Pine Island Glacier in Nov. 2013. NASA´s Terra and Aqua satellites have been imaging its progress towards open ocean.
- US Military Developing Foldable Space Telescope (Video, Images)
(Fri, 18 Apr 2014 12:32:46 EDT:)
- The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) says the telescope design — known as the Membrane Optical Imager for Real-Time Exploitation — would be of great use in geosynchronous Earth orbit.
- Boeing-Built Fighter Jets Could Launch US Military Satellites Into Space
(Fri, 18 Apr 2014 11:11:29 EDT:)
- The next generation of satellites could hitch a ride on a fighter jet before heading into space. A new concept awarded to Boeing in late March could slice the launch costs by up to 66% if all goes well, the company said in a press release.
- RIP LADEE: NASA Moon Probe Crashes Into Lunar Surface
(Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:49:39 EDT:)
- The space agency´s Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer spacecraft (LADEE) made its planned crash into the lunar surface between 12:30 a.m. EDT (0430 GMT) and 1:22 a.m. EDT (0522 GMT) on April 18 after orbiting the moon since October 2.
- The Greatest Moon Crashes of All Time
(Sat, 06 Jun 2009 14:39:00 EDT:)
- Here´s a list of the top 11 things that have impacted the lunar surface.
- Alien Planet Kepler-186f: Complete Coverage of ´Earth Cousin´ Discovery
(Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:24:40 EDT:)
- On Thursday (April 17), NASA announced the historic discovery of Kepler-186f, an Earth-size alien planet 490 light-years from our own world that is located inside the habitable zone of its star. See Space.com´s complete coverage of the Kepler-186f find.
- Amazing Mars Rover Curiosity´s Martian Views (Latest Photos)
(Wed, 17 Oct 2012 17:13:05 EDT:)
- NASA´s Mars rover Curiosity is beaming home amazing photos of the Red Planet.
- SpaceX to Launch Dragon Supply Ship to Space Station Today: Watch It Live
(Fri, 18 Apr 2014 07:04:36 EDT:)
- Private spaceflight company SpaceX is expected to launch its unmanned cargo-carrying Dragon capsule to the International Space Station today (April 18) after multiple delays.
- Next Up for NASA´s Planet-Hunting Kepler Telescope: Finding Earth´s True Twin?
(Fri, 18 Apr 2014 07:06:06 EDT:)
- The discovery of Kepler-186f still falls short of the ultimate prize in exoplanet science: a true "alien Earth." But the first such world may lurk in the data already gathered by NASA´s Kepler space telescope, just waiting to be pulled out.
- 5 Things to Know About Alien Planet Kepler-186f, ´Earth´s Cousin´
(Fri, 18 Apr 2014 06:21:07 EDT:)
- A newly discovered planet that has been called ´Earth´s cousin´ has just been found 490 light-years from Earth.
- Death Spiral: Doomed Orbiter Sends Close Surface | Video
(Thu, 17 Apr 2014 18:48:09 EDT:)
- NASA´s LADEE will soon intentionally crash into the Moon. In March the dust-studying probe flew as low as 2 miles above the surface and faster than bullet at 3,690 miles per hour.
- ´Earth Cousin´ Discovery a Milestone in Search for Alien Life
(Thu, 17 Apr 2014 18:20:01 EDT:)
- The discovery of the exoplanet Kepler-186f further bolsters the emerging view that Earth is not such a unique place, and that habitable environments may be widespread throughout the galaxy, experts say.
- NASA Spacecraft Spies Mars Rover Curiosity at ´Mount Remarkable´ from Space (Photos)
(Thu, 17 Apr 2014 18:32:39 EDT:)
- A spacecraft circling the Red Planet has spotted NASA´s Mars rover Curiosity hard at work on the Martian surface.
- Vesta and Ceres: How to Spot the Solar System´s Biggest Asteroids
(Thu, 17 Apr 2014 18:01:14 EDT:)
- Here´s how to see two of the three largest asteroids, Ceres and Vesta, in the night sky this month. Although Vesta is about half the size of Ceres, it appears brighter in our sky, because its surface is whiter than that of Ceres, reflecting a lot more of
- New Earth-Size Planet and Siblings | Theoretical Animation
(Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:35:19 EDT:)
- Data from the Kepler Mission, plus Keck and Gemini North Telescopes confirm Kepler 186f (about 1.1X Earth’s diameter) to orbit near the edge of habitability around an M-dwarf star with 4 other known planets.
- Cousin of Earth: Planet Kepler-186f May Be Habitable for Life (Op-Ed)
(Thu, 17 Apr 2014 14:12:29 EDT:)
- It´s the brass ring that teams of astronomers from hither to yon have tried to grab: Discovering a planet that sports an environment similar to our own. Finding Earth´s cousin. And now, a team of researchers may have done it.
- Earth-Size Planet Kepler-186f, a Possibly Habitable Alien World (Gallery)
(Thu, 17 Apr 2014 14:01:51 EDT:)
- The alien planet Kepler-186f is a planet only slightly larger than Earth orbiting inside the habitable zone of its red dwarf star. See images and photos of the Kepler-186f planet discovery in this Space.com gallery.
- Found! First Earth-Size Planet That Could Support Life
(Thu, 17 Apr 2014 14:02:14 EDT:)
- Scientists have discovered Kepler-186f, the first Earth-size alien planet in the habitable zone of its host star. The so-called ´Earth cousin´ just might have liquid water and the right conditions to support life.
- Exoplanet Kepler-186f: Earth-Size World Could Support Oceans and Life (Infographic)
(Thu, 17 Apr 2014 14:01:21 EDT:)
- A rocky planet that could have liquid water at its surface orbits a star 490 light-years away.
- 10 Exoplanets That Could Host Alien Life
(Thu, 06 Dec 2012 07:27:58 EST:)
- Ten of the alien worlds that represent our best hope for alien life beyond the solar system, according to the University of Puerto Rico at Arecibo.
- New Earth-Size Planet Could Have Water | Video
(Thu, 17 Apr 2014 14:00:29 EDT:)
- Planet-hunters have new evidence of a planet, about 1.1x Earth’s size, in orbit around another star. Kepler 186f, the outermost world of a 5-planet system, revolves about 3x closer to its star than Earth does to our Sun. More--> http://goo.gl/1fUSo
- 5 Exoplanets Most Likely to Host Alien Life
(Thu, 17 Apr 2014 14:02:41 EDT:)
- A look at the five exoplanets most likely to host life as we know it, a list topped by the newfound Earth-size world Kepler-186f.
- 5 Erupting Volcanoes Seen from Space (Photo)
(Thu, 17 Apr 2014 13:39:04 EDT:)
- Five volcanoes on the Kamchatka Peninsula are seen erupting from space on one satellite pass by Landsat 8.
- Space History Photo: Right Side of Control Panel
(Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:24:44 EDT:)
- The close-up of the right side of the control panel in the Plum Brook Facility shows the controls for the manual operation of the shim rods.
- NASA Will Unveil New Discovery from Planet-Hunting Kepler Telescope Today @ 2pm ET
(Thu, 17 Apr 2014 10:24:04 EDT:)
- NASA will announce a new discovery by its planet-hunting Kepler space telescope today, and you can following the unveiling live online. Space agency officials and scientists will host a live news teleconference at 2 p.m. EDT (1800 GMT).
- Hubble Galactic Family Photo Captures Distant Kissing Cousins | Video
(Thu, 17 Apr 2014 11:56:20 EDT:)
- This 14-hour exposure surfaces a wide range of galaxy types halfway across space-time to the beginning of the universe. Some are colliding and combining. The image depicts energy at visible and infrared wavelengths.
- NASA Moon Probe Will Bite the Lunar Dust Soon: What It Taught Us
(Thu, 17 Apr 2014 07:47:08 EDT:)
- A NASA probe orbiting the moon will literally bite the lunar dust within the next week or so when it crashes into the moon´s far side.
- ALMA: Large Array Looks Through Dust To See Starbirth
(Thu, 17 Apr 2014 01:20:04 EDT:)
- The Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) is a telescope array that peers through stardust to see planetary systems under construction.
- Mars Puts on Dazzling Show for Amateur Astronomers (Photos)
(Wed, 16 Apr 2014 17:42:15 EDT:)
- Stargazers took a set of stunning images of Mars during a fortuitous alignment that occurs every two years. The bright rust coloration of Mars is known for is due to iron-rich minerals.
- NASA Wants Ideas to Recycle Precious Oxygen on Deep-Space Voyages
(Wed, 16 Apr 2014 18:21:20 EDT:)
- When humans leave Earth to explore planets like Mars and other hostile environments in outer space, they´ll need to supply their own breathable oxygen. NASA is now seeking proposals for systems to safely and efficiently regenerate air on those long trips.
- Milky Way, Auroras & Thunderstorms Star in Amazing Time-Lapse Video
(Wed, 16 Apr 2014 17:10:50 EDT:)
- Auroras dance, the Milky Way dazzles and lightning sparks in the night sky over some of the most rugged and beautiful terrain South Dakota, Wyoming and Utah have to offer as seen in this magnificent new time-lapse film.
- ´LIGO: A Passion for Understanding´ — The Minds Behind the Film
(Wed, 16 Apr 2014 13:23:46 EDT:)
- Filmmaker Kai Staats joins leading researchers from the LIGO team to share the motivations behind "LIGO: A Passion for Understanding."
- Saturn Shines Near the Moon Tonight: How to See It
(Wed, 16 Apr 2014 13:02:39 EDT:)
- If your weather is clear, look toward the eastern sky tonight (April 16) about 10:30 p.m. your local time. You should see the bright moon rising, and just below and to its left will be a bright star-like object.
- Space History Photo: X-1E Loaded in B-29 Mothership on Ramp
(Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:21:33 EDT:)
- Bell Aircraft Corporation´s X-1E is loaded under the Boeing B-29 mothership.
- Blood Moon Photos: Total Lunar Eclipse Pictures from April 15, 2014
(Tue, 15 Apr 2014 02:24:57 EDT:)
- See amazing images of the "blood moon" that appeared April 14-15, 2014.
- ´Meteor Smoke´ Clouds Linked To Weather In Opposite Hemispheres | Video
(Wed, 16 Apr 2014 11:14:19 EDT:)
- Noctilucent clouds are seeded by meteorites burning up in the atmosphere and form at Earth´s polar regions. Researchers have found correlations with the appearance of these clouds and Earth´s climate.
- Rosy Cosmic Cloud Glows with Stars in New Telescope View (Video, Photo)
(Wed, 16 Apr 2014 07:14:31 EDT:)
- A distant group of hot, young stars cause a cloud of hydrogen gas to glow a rosy red 7,300 light-years from Earth in the latest amazing view from a telescope in Chile.
- Explosive Surprise: Huge Volcanoes Shook Mercury for Billions of Years
(Wed, 16 Apr 2014 07:03:09 EDT:)
- Explosive volcanic eruptions apparently shook and shaped Mercury´s surface for billions of years, a new study finds, surprising scientists who had thought the phenomenon was impossible on the sun-scorched planet.
- Nebula Glows ´Red´ From Hot Young Stars Heat | Video
(Wed, 16 Apr 2014 07:06:26 EDT:)
- The powerful radiation emitted from the stellar nursery of nebula Gum 41 illuminates the surrounding gas. ESO´s MPG/ESO 2.2-meter telescope imaged the nebula through blue, green and red filters along with a special filter that pulls out the red glow.
- Sombrero Galaxy: Hidden Double in a Hat
(Wed, 16 Apr 2014 01:56:34 EDT:)
- The Sombrero Galaxy, also called M104 or NGC 4594, is about 28 million light-years from our planet in the constellation Virgo. It is so named because the halo surrounding its disc is unusually large, making it look like a sombrero.
- Fiery Voyage Over ALMA | Space Wallpaper
(Wed, 16 Apr 2014 08:23:28 EDT:)
- This beautiful space wallpaper, taken during a time lapse set at the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) is another dramatic Ultra High Definition photograph from the ESO Ultra HD Expedition.
- Chilean Port City Fire Seen from Space (Photo)
(Tue, 15 Apr 2014 17:18:56 EDT:)
- A fire ravaging the scenic city of Valparaiso, Chile, is visible from satellite on April 13, 2014. So far, 15 people have died in the fire, and thousands of homes have been destroyed.